Job Posting: Civil Engineering Designer
Civil Engineering & Land Surveying
Job Type: Full-Time
Apply: Submit cover letter & resume to email@example.com
Moran Consulting Corporation, a firm in Long Beach, CA, is seeking a Registered Professional Land Surveyor with 10+ years of relevant experience to lead our fast-growing Mapping and Construction Survey department.
Primary Job Responsibilities
The Surveying Manager is responsible for managing survey-related services for various types of projects. They will function as a team lead for survey-related projects, including acting as the liaison to internal departments as needed. They will provide effective, skilled project management to help reduce the costs of delivering projects, and adding value to the business by applying proven project management techniques.
- Identify Survey market opportunities and procure Clients.
- Ensures that project deliverables satisfy project requirements.
- Takes a leadership role in developing and executing field and office safety procedures.
- Participates in corporate initiatives to assist in meeting the company’s goals.
- Management of field crews and office staff.
- Oversee preparation of subdivision maps, boundary/procedure of surveys, and easements.
- Review, verify, and approve survey computations for technical accuracy and quality control.
- Prepares and/or reviews proposals, budgets, and invoices.
- Plan, direct, and supervise various aspects of surveying to include planning fieldwork, overseeing and reviewing office work, and other related activities.
- Assesses project requirements, while developing and recommending a sound approach or application to meet the needs of the project and client.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be a California Professional Licensed Land Surveyor (PLS)
- Minimum of 10 years as a Survey Manager preferred.
- Strong construction and mapping supervision experience on subdivisions, public works, and in-fill development projects.
- Current knowledge of public agency codes, processes, and requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of project scope, fee development, and management.
- Ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects.
- Must have extensive knowledge with Trimble field equipment and Trimble office software.
- Must have developed the following skills: leadership, oral and written communication, planning, teamwork, decision-making, judgment, and problem-solving.
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Professional Land Surveyor (REQUIRED)
- United States (REQUIRED)