Job Posting: Professional Land Surveyor
Job Type: Full-Time
Contact: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a remote position; all eligible candidates must have reliable transportation to our office in Long Beach and to site locations throughout Southern California.
Moran Consulting Corporation, a Civil Engineering & Land Surveying firm in Long Beach, CA has an excellent career opportunity for a Professional Land Surveyor to join our fast-growing Mapping and Construction Survey department.
Under limited supervision, The Land Surveyor will organize, manage, and direct field survey crews in completing boundary, topographic, ALTA, right-of-way, construction staking, and subdivision projects for public and private clients.
The Land Surveyor shall calculate and analyze field boundary data, assist field survey crews on complex survey engagements, perform survey research, prepare various survey deliverables. Our ideal applicant should be able to proficiently take various survey projects from start to finish.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the knowledge and application of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of surveying, and possess knowledge of related fields and areas of operation.
Job Responsibilities will vary by project and include, but not limited to:
- Ensure that project deliverables satisfy all project requirements.
- Adhere to all field and office safety procedures.
- Preparation of subdivision maps, boundary/procedure of survey, and easements.
- Complete survey computations with technical accuracy and quality control.
- Prepare and/or review proposals, budgets, and invoices.
- Assess project requirements while developing and recommending a sound approach or application to meet the individual needs of the project and Client.
- Must be a California Professional Licensed Land Surveyor (PLS) or actively working toward that designation.
- Minimum of 3 years of surveying experience preferred.
- Strong construction and mapping experience on subdivisions, public works, and in-fill development projects.
- Current knowledge of public agency codes, processes, and requirements.
- Ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects.
- Extensive knowledge with Trimble field equipment and Trimble office software.
- Authorization to work within the U.S.
We offer a competitive benefit & compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability plans and a tax-deferred retirement plan.