Job Posting: Civil Engineering Intern
Job Type: Part-Time / Full-Time
Start Date: Spring / Summer 2021
Contact: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a remote position; all eligible candidates will have reliable transportation to our office in Long Beach.
Moran Consulting Corporation, a Civil Engineering & Land Surveying firm in Long Beach, CA has an excellent career opportunity for a Junior or Senior-Level Civil Engineering Student to assist project managers in design preparation of and land development project plans including street, storm drain, sewer, water, grading, stormwater quality management plans, drainage reports, cost estimates, proposals, parcel maps, exhibits, etc.
Our Civil Engineering Internship is offered for 20 to 40 hours per week, for 2-1/2 to 4 months, depending on the candidate’s availability.
Job Responsibilities will vary by project and individual intern, but generally include the following:
- Assist civil engineer with various tasks associated with project design, including calculations, plan production and review, and cost estimating.
- Assist in engineering calculations and reports, site design, plan processing, and planning and entitlement submittals.
- Day-to-day work could include project research and exhibits, plan check corrections, and report writing.
- Assist with general office duties such as making copies, assisting with reports, delivery and pick-up of plans and packages.
- Assist with project site visits. The applicant may be required to navigate through a job site, and must comply with all company and site safety requirements in the office and on job sites.
Current Project Types and Potential Work Includes:
- Site development for various types of projects, including Industrial, Commercial, and Residential.
- Street improvement projects
- Mobile Home Parks
- Computer proficiency is required, including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Computer-aided drafted experience is desired (AutoCAD/Civil 3D and/or Microstation)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Excellent time management skills