Job Posting: Civil Engineering Designer
Job Type: Full-Time
Contact: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a remote position; all eligible candidates must have reliable transportation to our office in Long Beach.
Moran Consulting Corporation, a Civil Engineering & Land Surveying firm in Long Beach, CA has an excellent career opportunity for a Civil Engineering Designer to assist project managers in design preparation of and land development project plans including street, storm drain, sewer, water, grading, storm water quality management plans, drainage reports, cost estimates, proposals, parcel maps, exhibits, etc.
Job Responsibilities will vary by project and include, but not limited to:
- Initial project research and review of existing data
- Preliminary site design
- Preliminary utility design
- Preparation of improvement plans
- Submission and obtaining of project approvals
- Preparation and evaluation of design calculations
- Respond to agency plan review comments and submittal requests
- Preparation of computer models and earthwork estimates.
Current Project Types and Potential Work Includes:
- Site development for various types of projects, including Industrial, Commercial, and Residential.
- Mobile Home Parks
- Street Improvement Projects
- Computer proficiency is required, including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Computer-aided drafted experience is designed (AutoCAD/Civil 3D and/or Microstation)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Excellent time management skills
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- I.T. Certification
- 1-3 years’ experience
We offer a competitive benefit & compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability plans and a tax-deferred retirement plan.